17 Oct 2016

More Halloween Samples

I thought before I started sending out the Holiday Helper projects I would show you a few more Halloween things.

You can see the cards I made for my granddaughters here, and I also made them a couple of different treats.

I have used Shrinky Dink plastic sheets in the (long) past, but as soon as I saw the Cookie Cutter Halloween Stamp Set I immediately thought of them again. So I stamped the images on the Shrinky Dink plastic sheets using Stazon Black Ink, coloured them on the back with permanent markers, punched out the images with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, then punched a hole in the top, and pre-heated the oven.

There are a couple of ways to shrink the plastic, you can use a heat gun, but I've had more experience putting them in the oven. It's also fun to watch the shrinking process - the images lay flat for a couple of minutes and then they start to curl up (in this case the head, arms, and legs curled up), then in a few seconds they lay down flat again - meanwhile they have shrunk to less than half their original size.

Here is what I made:



The Shrinky Dink projects are great fun to do with your children or grandchildren - unfortunately mine are 3,000 miles away...

Along with the cards and jewellry, I included some chocolate bars and created packaging in a Halloween theme (the 'Good to the Last Bite' is from a retired stamp set - sorry!), but the Halloween Night Specialty Designer Paper is available in the 2016 Holiday Catalogue.


The tools and product I used are shown below.
Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment