15 Sept 2015

Weekly Deals and Christmas Card

Happy Tuesday!

Do you check out the Stampin' Up! Deals each Tuesday? You can find them on the right hand column of this blog (they are updated weekly) or you can check out my Stampin' Up! store - and take a peek at the Clearance Rack at the same time!

Or, this week, I am posting them!


This is a super opportunity to get the Butterflies Thinlits Dies (save $7) and the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies (save $12).

Simply email me if you want to order.

I also want to share with you one of the two cards we made at the Christmas Card Club last night. Each month we make eight cards - four each of two designs. Plus decorated envelopes, plus a case to store them until use.

The first card used the new Wonderland stamp set, and was inspired by a fellow demo Amy Koenders:


This is my husband's favourite Christmas card so far, so if you're on our Christmas list you might just receive one this  year!

The stamp set is "Wonderland" from the new Holiday Catalogue. I stamped the trees three times across the 5 1/4" x 4" Whisper White cardstock in Archival Basic Black (but you could also use Black Stazon or Black Memento). 

After each I stamped again without re-inking to get the illusion of depth in the forest. Also you can stamp the image higher and lower to give a more realistic look. There is a line at the bottom of the trees but it will be torn off so it doesn't matter that they don't line up.

Then I sponged the whole scene with Soft Sky ink, using a piece of sponge moving in small circles. Now you can tear about an inch off the bottom of the scene.

Finally I sponged the edges of the scene with Night of Navy ink.

Attach the scene to the Whisper White Heavy Card base on which you have stamped Silent Night in black in the bottom right hand corner. (You may need to tear a bit more off if your sentiment is covered.)

Add a rhinestone and you're done!

Tomorrow I will show you the second card.

Happy Stamping!
Carol



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment