4 Mar 2015

A Beautiful Handmade Gift

I received a lovely visit and a wonderful gift on Sunday, and I want to share it with you for two reasons.

The first is because it's so beautiful that I know you will appreciate it.

And the second is to prove once again that Stampin' Up! has brought wonderful, talented, people into my life!

This handmade Memory Book was made by a former member of my team, Louise Fraser. It's created with a garden theme because she knows I love all gardens, especially my own; and because she knows that my two granddaughters from Calgary - aged 9 and 6 - love to play in the garden when they visit.



The theme is Secret Garden (based on the book by the same name) and Louise even reviewed the book to keep the theme true.

There are so many details, hidden pockets, and secret folds in this 11" x 9" treasure, that I can't even begin to count them all. But please note the cover - the hinges and latch on the wooden door... 

You can brush the vines away and open it to reveal the beauty within!


The binding is sturdy and large to hold plenty of photos, mementos, and embellishments!
Attached to the ribbons are tiny flowers and beads and a miniature bird cage.


Inside are pages with pockets and foldouts and secret envelopes, and more. I spent hours going through each section!



And then this morning I had the additional joy of going through my photos to choose the ones I will use in this book.

THANK YOU LOUISE for such a thoughtful and beautiful gift. I will cherish it, I know my granddaughters will cherish it too!

I hope you've all enjoyed this little peek. Louise will make these one-of-a-kind heirlooms to order, and if you are interested you can email me for her contact information.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment