20 Mar 2014

The Short and the Long of it!

The Short
Well, sometimes you just put off trying things until new things are old news! That was me with the masking tape technique. Then Lynn brought it to our last meeting and I've been going nuts with it ever since!! :) (Thanks Lynn!)

For instance - the following card took five minutes to put together! Now I'm sure you could have done it better, but even so it would have only taken you six minutes!

I used the Too Kind Stamp set and the colours are Strawberry Slush, Calypso Coral, Pool Party, and Black Stazon.


The Long

This card, on the other hand, took me most of an afternoon! But when you see it in real life it is adorable (if I do say so myself!!) I can't take credit for the design - you can thank Sharon White for that!

I love the waves and they are made with the 'leftovers' from the Tasteful Trim die scallop edge. Just offset them and adhere with dimensionals - almost makes you seasick!! :) Some of the punches used are retired (for instance the elephant tusks are made from the cutouts of the triple flower punch - SO creative Sharon!!)


So thanks for stopping by! Hope you come back soon!

Happy Stamping
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment