12 Mar 2013

Hello Kitty and Mr. Frog

I have two wonderful, adorable, brilliant, and beautiful granddaughters (but I'm not prejudiced!). They are aged four and seven, and live much too far away from me.

One of the things I try to do for them is to provide Birthday cards to take to the myriad of birthday parties they go to each year. Here are two punch art cards that I'm sending out this week.




The Hello Kitty card was inspired by Lynn Pratt, (who has some great tutorials for sale on her blog).


The pinks are Regal Rose, the blues are Pacific Point, and the DSP is from Sunshine and Sprinkles - love that DSP! The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners and cut out with the corresponding framelits.

All of the pieces of the kitty are made with punches, however you have to do a bit of free cutting too.

Mr. Frog has instructions on Alystamps.com (http://alystamps.com/?s=frog+punch+art&x=0&y=0), and it's a blog you'll want to visit!


And I didn't notice until I posted the photo that you can see a bit of the dimensional under his chin - gotta fix that! Mr. Frog is very straight forward and easy to make, the greens I used were Lucky Limeade and Always Artichoke (which looks totally off colour in this photo!) The sentiment is from "Henry Says".

Now I've done Mr. Frog for them before and they have requested more. I hope they like Hello Kitty just as well.

Here is a poem I found when my first granddaughter was born and it expressed my heart:



I held my daughter to my breast
And now her sleeping child there rests
Daughter, granddaughter
I am twice blessed.

Lucky me - I am thrice blessed!

Happy Stamping!
Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment