14 Jan 2013

Vintage Card & Tag

Do you like the vintage style used for cards? A little bit of sponging. A little bit of distressing. Maybe using faded style colours?

You've probably guessed that I do...and I jumped at the chance to participate in a swap for Vintage Cards and Over The Top Tags at Leadership.

Here is the card I made for the swap:


I love the combination of Pool Party and Primrose Petals! I used the new Honeycomb embossing folder for the Pool Party background, then layered (and layered and layered) with Very Vanilla embossed with the lace border from the Delicate Designs embossing folder (first cut with the Large Scallop Edgelits die). There's also Silver Glimmer paper, and More Amore Designer Series Paper - that's where the pink heart is from too, topped with Very Vanilla cardstock embossed with the Lacy Brocade Folder. The ribbon is a sneak peek from the upcoming Saleabration folder, and the tickets are made with the new That's The Ticket stamp set from the Spring Mini and cut with the Ticket Builder punch. The flower is from the 5/8" Flower Trim, which I love, LOVE, LOVE! You can use the trim with the flowers connected, or you can cut them apart to use them one by one as I did. You can die them with ink too! 

I used the same style with my tag:

The cardstock is Early Espresso embossed using the Lacy Brocade folder after I cut one end with a die from the Labels Collection Framelits. The other colours are Very Vanilla and Pretty in Pink. The stamp sets include That's The Ticket, Loving Thoughts, Elements of Style, French Foliage. The pink lace trim and single flower are from the Artisan Embellishments Kit in the Spring Mini, along with the 5/8" Flower Trim. The Champagne Glimmer Paper stars are cut with the Merry Minis Punch Pack. The ribbons are Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Victoria Crocheted Lace, and the 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain in Pretty in Pink. It's hard to believe you can get that many elements on a 6" x 3 1/2" tag!

          
And here is the whole collection of swaps that I took with me. Not very many compared to most of the demos there I assure you! :0)


Soon I will share with you the swaps I got in return!


In the meantime, check out Dude, You're Welcome at my Stampin' Up! store! And be sure to click on the video in the bottom right corner - it's a hoot!

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment