10 Oct 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Today is our Thanksgiving Day and we have been invited to dinner at my husband's parents'. Which is wonderful because Brian's Mom is THE Best Cook! She makes the most wonderful turkey stuffing/dressing and her gravy is so good it could be eaten as soup. Plus she taught me how to cook squash so that I love it - brown sugar and butter!! And his Mom and Dad grow all their own vegetables so everything is super fresh and delicious. Did I mention they are 85 years old?!

Thanksgiving weekend is also our wedding anniversary weekend - October 7, 1972. And to make it extra special, three years ago our second granddaughter was born on our anniversary!

After all that celebration I have a little set to show you that I put together this week:
This set is made with the Berry Blossom DSP, and is a gift for those people who love to play cards.

The playing cards are housed in the decorated band aid tin.

And of course they'll need a score pad...
This was made by taking the measurements of the note pad, doubling the width plus 1/4" for the binding space. I used the backing sheet that comes with DSP to give it sturdiness and DSP to cover it.

Next I made coasters by building a 4" square sandwich of chipboard/Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet/DSP/Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet/Window Sheet. Then I ran it through the Big Shot using the 3 1/2" circle die.

With the Window sheet on top it makes the coasters water proof and you can clean the top with a damp cloth. So quick and easy to make! Now you can have coasters to match every event and celebration!

Finally I made an invitation so that friends could be invited...


Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment