28 Aug 2011

Milk Carton Box

You've probably seen a lot of these on blogs lately, it was a project shown at the Stampin' Up! Convention last month (July). I always love finding new ways to use dies and this one in particular.

I chose Bashful Blue for the cardstock and the DSP because I wanted to make it wintery and cool. Plus I used silver glimmer paper (sneak peek from the Holiday Mini) to die cut the snowflakes:


Instead of folding the triangles so that they fold 'in' I kept them out and folded in the other scores and this gives the attractive top. I punched holes in each of the points and ran  1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain through so that the box can be opened and closed:

I also tied a silver cord to the ribbon so that the box could be hung on a Christmas tree or hook. The silver Glimmer Paper is wonderful for snowflakes and I topped them off with a rhinestone in the centre.
I can see so many uses for these boxes - Christmas decorations, Wedding favours, Birthday favours, Diamond Ring holders (Two people suggested that simultaneously the first time they saw the box!).

I purchased the tutorial for this box from Jenny Moors at www.stampingmoments.blogspot.com

Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment