22 Aug 2011

Always Thankful Sneak Peek

As you probably know, the Canadian Thanksgiving is the first Monday in October so we are creating 'Thanks' cards much earlier than our American sisters. Today I have a card that I made using the new stamp set that's coming September 1st in the Holiday Mini. It's called Always Thankful and it has a quote by Charles Dickens (who said things so well!).Because Thanksgiving also means autumn to me I used the French Foliage Stamp set as well.

 I used More Mustard card stock for the base of the card, along with a sheet from the Well Worn DSP. The accent colours are Not Quite Navy, and Cajun Craze.

The ink colours are Cajun Craze and Basic Black, and then I coloured in the images with markers and blender pens.

Here is the complete card done in a Z fold.

I was really excited about how the leaves from the French Foliage turned out. I stamped them on White Vellum and then coloured them with markers on the back side, and cut them out. They almost seem like real dried leaves with a bit of a curl, and a bit translucent.

Hope you like it! 

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment