28 Jul 2011

A Little Bit of Christmas in July!

I'm afraid whenever a new catalogue comes out my interest is always taken first by the Christmas stamps! And while the first two cards I show you are not new stamps, I loved the samples in the IB&C so much that I had to recreate them.

The first one is simple but effective. It's a 6" x 6" card folded in half. The cardstock is Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White. I used the Top Note die for the front, and stamped in Old Olive Ink. The stamp set used is Bells & Boughs. The ribbon is our Victoria Crochet Trim. Quick and easy and beautiful.



The second card is quick and simple too - handy idea for the busy holidays.
I had this set last year but I wasn't pleased with the way cards turned out. This year I used Always Artichoke and Real Red markers to colour the stamp, and stamped it on Naturals White paper (p.181) and I really liked the way it turned out. More detail from the stamp and more texture on the paper. Give it a try!

The last card uses a new stamp set from the IB&C as well as the design from the IB&C.

Again the colours are Always Artichoke and Real Red for the card stock. I used the Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter to colour the snowman, and the glitter is Champagne Glass Stampin' Glitter attached with two sided Sticky Tape.

I'll have lots of other Christmas samples coming soon!

Happy Stamping
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment