23 Apr 2011

What would you call this?


Grunge?

Distressed?

Inspirational?

I tried to make it all three, sort of a 'come from a hard place but survived and succeeded' type of thing...clear as mud?

Let me try to explain - the colours, Always Artichoke and More Mustard, make me think of rust and dirt with some green trying to grow. The Poppy Parade is the spirit trying to survive. The metal eyelets and brad along with the distressing represent roughness and hard times, while the tree is strength and trusting in yourself is the ticket to get out. Make any sense?

The words on the Always Artichoke DSP represent education, and the 'rope' on the brad and ticket is something to hold on to...


And inside is the inspiration:

I hope you can see and feel what I wanted the card to say.
Happy Stamping!
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment