5 Jan 2011

Updated Card Set

This is a card set originally designed and sold by Sandi MacIver (you'll want to visit her website - I'll post it at the bottom, just so you'll finish reading mine first!!) :0)

The set includes the container, a pen, 4 cards and envelopes, and a package of sentiments.

 Isn't it cute! I love the ovals (made by punching a small oval and then punching a large oval around it - too cool!)

The stamp set is Fifth Avenue Floral (remember when it was first released - what a rush!)
I purchased the instructions almost two years ago so of course all of the original DSP is retired, and even some of the colours. So I chose Springtime Vintage DSP and the base colours are Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, and Always Artichoke. There's a little Pear Pizzaz in there too!



Here are the four cards - the beautiful Baja Breeze Satin Ribbon is retired unfortunately, but everything else is current.

I purposely didn't add any sentiments to the cards as I made up a package with a variety of sentiments so that I could choose whichever one I needed at the time.

The design on the top section of this card is stamped in Baja Breeze, the rose was 'washed' using an Aqua Painter and Baja Breeze and Night of Navy.

Although this looks like ribbon behind the flower, it is simply a strip of Baja Breeze cardstock. 

This time it really is ribbon, and except for the bit of shine it looks almost exactly the same. Only problem is you can't rouch (is that how you spell it?) cardstock.  I really like the designs in this DSP package (in the new Occasions Mini) and I know I'll need to order more!

Here are the sentiments, using the scalloped oval and large oval punches. I just put dimensionals on the back...

And then popped them into a die cut scallop envelope and tucked them in the container with the cards.
  
I hope you  like my update of Sandi's design. You can visit her wonderful blog by clicking here.

Don't forget to take a look at the new Occasions Mini catalogue (if you dare!), if you haven't received one in the mail just stop by my house and pick one up, or check it out on-line at my Stampin' Up! Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment