2 Mar 2010

OUTSIDE MY 'COLOUR BOX'

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, shades of pink are my 'go to' colour, and often I get stuck there - well I don't consider it stuck (I love it!), but really - there are so many colours to use it's a shame to stick to a few. So here's my go at something bright and bold - inspired by my team mate Maree!
Now I realize I'm coming out of my box slowly and carefully - red is awfully close to pink afterall! This is Real Red and Summer Sun. I ran the Summer Sun through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. The border on the picture is made by running a strip of the Scallop Trim border through the Crimper to make it gather easily outside a circle or oval. The ribbon is Real Red Satin from the Occasions Mini, and the stamps are the Level 2 Hostess set in the Occasions Mini.

I love to watercolour and I used the aquapen and ink from the Classic pads (squeezed onto the inside lid cover). The ink colours are Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Really Rust, Summer Sun, Brocade Blue, Old Olive, and Bashful Blue. I also used watercolour paper so that I could blend the colours.

I promise I'll get farther out of the box next time!! :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment