19 Sept 2009

Sweet Cups Candy Card

As soon as I saw the "Sweet Treat Cups" in the Holiday Mini I knew I wanted to give them a try - for my granddaughter, my neice and nephews, and for my readers and customers. So this is my first creation using the cups and the "Sweet Centers" stamp set. I also used DSP from the Nouveau Chic set. The card base is Pumpkin Pie and the mat Basic Black.




But then of course I had to figure out a way to get the candy out without tearing apart the card! I had a few ideas from reading other blogs and here is what I did. On the inside of the card behind the candy and treat cup and hole, I mounted more DSP on Basic Black and using the 1 3/4 punch cut a hole in the middle. Using dimensionals I attached them lining up both holes. Then I cut a piece of cardstock that fit the length and width of the space made between the dimensionals and slid it underneath the DSP to cover the hole - leaving it long enough to protrude out the left side. The circle I punched from the middle of the Ghouls and Goblins stamp used on the front I glued to the sliding cardstock so that it would hold the correct placement of the slider. I printed out 'Pull for Candy' on Whisper White and glued it to the end of the cardstock, and also stapled a piece of Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.

For the greeting side of the card I used the new stamp set "Twick or Tweet" to stamp the skeleton and pumpkins.



The photo on the left shows how the slider pulls out to allow access to the candy (and to refill if you need a sugar fix before you send it!)
Although this looks a little complicated, once you figure it out the first time I think it will go much faster when you do another - and I plan to! The stamp set "Sweet Centers" comes with a heart, petals and leaves, hot air balloon basket, and ornament topper so it will be convenient for most holidays and everyday!
I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment