15 Sept 2009

One Stamp Set - Four Ways

My Christmas Card Classes have begun and I chose "Scenic Season" as the set for the September class. Although it has only one main image you can obtain a variety of cards by changing up the colours of ink and paper or by using designer paper, embossing, and so on. I tried a few variations before I settled on one for class.
This is the first, in traditional green (Handsome Hunter) and red (Real Red). As you may have noticed I removed the sentiment from the main image (it is normally on the lower right corner) so that I could place it in different areas.
My second card is also traditional red and green (Real Red, Handsome Hunter)
This third card is cased from Jan Tink, using Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock, Next to Navy and Bashful Blue ink. The ribbon is Old Olive. The sentiment is from another set (the name of which eludes me at the moment!) I do really like the moon in this one.
Finally I settled on this card because I'm becoming more and more fond of the Soft Suede In Colour and I wanted an excuse to use some of this pretty designer paper - from the Christmas Cocoa Specialty set. I used Real Red as the base cardstock and to ink the sentiment. Now I'm hoping my SU order will arrive early enough tomorrow that I can experiment with the Frost White Shimmer Paint and use a bit to add some glitter to this card as well.
Hope you like it!
Cheers
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment