18 Apr 2009

Feathered Friends - Retired Set

I loved this set from the first time I saw it, unfortunately that's what I did with it the most - look at it. This week I decided I was going to use up some DSP from retired 6 x 6 packs to make up a set of cards - appropriate for a retired set n'est-ce pas?

Again the poor photography has altered somewhat the true colours of the cardstock and DSP. You can click on the photos to enlarge them. The first is 'Welcome Baby' using Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink. The next is 'To Someone Special' with Kraft and Tempting Turquoise, the third is 'Thinking of You' in Real Red and Kraft, along with one of SU's adorable Fleurettes.


Then I went on a real Tempting Turquoise kick! The card on the left is 'Happy Birthday' in Pretty in Pink and Tempting Turquoise, in the middle is 'Best Wishes' in TT and Pretty in Pink. I made the background by inking one of the Texture Plates in TT and running it through the Big Shot making a print and an impression on TT cardstock. The card on the right was done the same way, except the impression was made on Whisper White. (Sorry - those beads are not SU)



Finally, the card on the left is done in Pretty in Pink and Lavender Lace (it looks much better IRL!), and the one on the right is in Real Red and Kraft. I should mention I used about 20 different markers and blender pens for the artwork, and all artwork and DSP is matted with Basic Black.



Although this set is retired, the idea can be used with any of our smaller stamps to create a set.


Hope you like it!


Cheers, Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment